Sunday, August 30, 2009

Biography of Nick Joaquin


I am in the process of writing the official biography of Nick Joaquin National Artist for Literature. I have started this project one year ago but I am still interested in getting in touch with people who can help enrich the writing of the book,” he added.

I can be contacted at my residence at 4645 Winter Oak Way Apt. 309 Antelope California 95834 . Contributors can also call tel. no. 916 348 8414. My e-mail address is tony.joaquin@gmail.com

Contributors are asked to send photos of Nick Joaquin or of themselves if these are available via email or mailed via postal service.

Nick Joaquin died on April 29, 2004, at 82. Shortly after his death, two of his written biographies were published in Metro Manila, one on the journalist Emilio (Abe) Aguilar Cruz and the other on Sen. Edgardo Angara.

My father was the jazz pianist Porfirio (Ping) Joaquin, older brother of Nick. Nick was my teacher and inspiration.

No comments: